Founded by Elvira González, director of the Galería Theo for 30 years (from 1966 to 1991), the Gallery Elvira Gonzáles is one of the most important art galleries in Spain and works with renowned artists such as Miquel Barceló, Waltercio Caldas, Olafur Eliasson, Robert Irwin, Chema Madoz, and Robert Mapplethorpe, among many others.
The gallery specialises in European and American art from the second half of the 20th and 21st centuries. In recent years, the exhibitions Elena Asins. Works from 1971 to 1995 and Josep Llorens Artigas. Ceramics in 2020, Donald Judd. Judd in 2021, Olafur Eliasson. Situated Navigation, Miquel Barceló – Kiwayu and Robert Mapplethorpe. In Praise of the Shadow in 2022.
The Gallery collaborates with leading museums and cultural institutions and advises on the creation of private and institutional collections. In addition to its regular exhibitions, the gallery has an extensive collection of works by established 20th and 21st-century artists.
Since 2011 Acerca Comunicación has managed the press office and social media networks of the Galería Elvira González, including services such as:
- National and international press office.
- Creation of informative milestones for each exhibition and participation in international fairs.
- Strategy and daily management of the gallery for 10 years, being one of the Spanish galleries with more followers on Instagram.
- Recording and editing video interviews for social media
- Creation of videos for the exhibitions
- Creation of promotions and special pages
- Daily management of channels and customised user services
- Implementation of an online advertising plan
- Preparation of monitoring reports and conclusions