Hauser & Wirth Menorca is the gallery’s art center located on Isla del Rey, in the port of Mahon in Menorca, where art exhibitions, events and learning activities connect with the local community and landscape. After a two-year conservation project, Hauser & Wirth succeeded in converting the island’s historic buildings to open this 1,500 sqm exhibition space in July 2021. It features an outdoor walk-through of sculptures by artists such as Louise Bourgeois, Eduardo Chillida, Thomas J. Price and Franz West.
Acerca Comunicación has accompanied the gallery since its opening with the exhibition ‘Masses and Movements’ by Mark Bradford, with its following exhibitions ‘Sodade’ by Rashid Johnson (2022) and ‘Come in from an endless place’ by Christina Quarles (2023). The comprehensive communication strategy designed by Acerca Comunicación included press office management and national media campaigns. With the plan developed, a great repercussion was achieved, getting media such as El País Semanal, ABC Cultural, Traveler or Elle to echo the opening, maintaining also the media presence in the following exhibitions, achieving a great recognition in the Balearic and national art scene.
The integrated communication campaign includes:
- Consultancy and development of a communication strategy
- Strategic dissemination campaign in the national press: preparation of press releases and submission to national and specialised media databases.
- Management and coordination of interviews
- Management of exclusives and scoops with El País Semanal, creation of different news angles for different media.
- Organisation of press trips adapted to each journalist for the presentation of the space to the media.
- Communication and dissemination of the opening and the exhibitions that have taken place since then.
- Preparation of follow-up reports, proposals for improvement and forecasts for new impacts.