‘Steven Meisel 1993 A Year in Photographs’ is the second exhibition promoted by the MOP Foundation at the Muelle de la Batería in A Coruña, which was open from November 2022 to May 2023. This exhibition, which reached a total of 132,000 visitors, collected the work done by the legendary photographer Steven Meisel during 1993, a key year in his career, and showed more than a hundred portraits of men and women from the world of fashion and movies such as Linda Evangelista, Carla Bruni, Naomi Campbell, Kyle MacLachlan, Claudia Schiffer, or Barbra Streisand.
In the same way as with the exhibition ‘Peter Lindbergh. Untold Stories’, the first of the MOP Foundation, Acerca Comunicación was in charge of the press and advertising strategy (OOH, media, outdoor advertising and direct marketing), with greater prominence than the previous one. The objectives of the strategy were based on increasing the impact and dissemination of the first exhibition and increasing the number of visitors. With a communication plan that managed to put the city on the national and international cultural map, «Steven Meisel 1993 A Year in Photographs» attracted around 30,000 more visitors than the previous exhibition.
The developed strategy included:
- Development of OOH advertising strategy: local and regional (A Coruña and Galicia), strategic points in Spain (northern cities, Madrid, Barcelona, Malaga, Valencia and Gran Canaria) as well as international (Portugal, Paris, Rome, London and Milan).
- Development of the outdoor advertising strategy, focusing on regional and national transport.
- Media advertising strategy (online and offline) at the local, regional, and national level: main newspapers and specialised media in Spain and Galicia.
- Distribution of direct marketing assets in the main Spanish fashion and design schools as well as museums, hotels, libraries, and art centers.
- Strategic press campaign focusing on Spain and Portugal: presentation to large media outlets in parallel to the organisation of a press trip with Spanish and international journalists, preparation of press releases, and submission to national, international, and specialised media databases.
- Management of an exclusive report with El País Semanal, with unpublished material, in a book about the Picasso Year, including a full page signed by the president of the MOP Foundation.