The Ibero-American Biennial of Architecture and Urbanism (BIAU) is an initiative organised by the Spanish Government through the Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda (MITMA), through the Directorate General of Urban Agenda and Architecture, in collaboration with the Higher Council of Spanish Architects’ Associations (CSCAE) and the Arquia Foundation. The XII BIAU, its last edition, was held with Arquine, a Mexican entity that for twenty-five years has been disseminating architectural culture through its magazine, exhibition and dissemination projects such as the MEXTRÓPOLI Architecture and City Festival.
The XII BIAU has been accompanied by Acerca Comunicación (since September 2022) offering a communication strategy that encompasses its own media (website, social networks and newsletters), earned media (press office, influencers and media partners) and paid media (branded content, adwords and social ads).
Specifically, some of the specific measures carried out were:
- Design of digital strategy for social networks: Instagram, Facebook, X and LinkedIn.
- Preparation of press releases (general, agenda format, balance sheet), newsletters and information notes.
- Creation of press releases (in mailing format according to the milestones and presentations determined in the action plan).
- Drafting and design of press kits with more detailed information on the projects.
- Live coverage of parallel public programme activities.
- Creation of content for distribution through the channels of the organising institutions (Social Media Kit).
- Specific press campaigns for the exhibition tours of the edition (Lima, Santiago de Chile, Barcelona).